Woolwich & Wellesley Township's Local Community Newspaper | Elmira, Ontario, Canada

You want a little more local in your inbox.

The last seven days of local community news delivered to your inbox. Stay caught up on the latest local reporting with The Observer This Week. Every Thursday.

Enter your email to subscribe. Unsubscribe anytime. We may send promotional messages. Please read our privacy policy.

Complaints: Editorial

Do you have a complaint about an article in a newspaper?

STEP 1: Contact your newspaper’s public editor or ombudsman.

This individual is in charge of receiving and investigating concerns from newspaper readers about materials published in print or on online. It is their duty to monitor the journalistic practices at the newspaper and act as a liaison to the public.

The Observer’s Editor is Steve Kannon.

email: editor@woolwichobserver.com

STEP 2: Contact your local media council

After contacting the paper, if you feel that your issue has not been resolved, you may choose to contact your local media council. Individuals and organizations who are concerned about the ethical conduct of a newspaper in gathering and publishing editorial content can file a complaint with their local media council by following the links below.

Canada’s media councils are non-governmental, non-profit organizations that have been established to receive and adjudicate public complaints regarding press performance.

If you have a question regarding media councils, contact Patricia Perkel, Executive Director, National NewsMedia Council: pperkel@mediacouncil.ca.