Heat from a light bulb is the suspected cause of some smouldering wood chips in a barn on the Yatton Side Road near Wallenstein that drew firefighters from Floradale, Elmira and St. Jacobs as a precaution on Wednesday afternoon. The smouldering chips were quickly doused. Woolwich fire chief Dale Martin said early detection was a “lucky catch” that prevented an actual fire.
MORE FROM AUTHOR
To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to The Observer's online community. Pseudonyms are not permitted.By submitting a comment, you accept that The Observer has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner The Observer chooses. Please note that The Observer does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our submission guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.