Potato Egg Salad
Recipe Type: Flow Catering
The Canada Day long weekend is here and chances are you’re probably going to be getting together with some friends and family for a BBQ of some sort. So, of course, you will need to come with something to contribute. This week we have a few of our favourite salad recipes here that will help you along the way. These are mostly classic BBQ salad recipes, with our own twist on things, which will result in a super tasty addition to any BBQ meal. These recipes are also great because you can always pack up any leftovers you have for lunch when it’s time to get back to work. Wishing you all a safe and fun-filled long weekend. Happy Canada Day!
- 3 pounds potatoes, cooked until just tender, cubed, cooled
- 5 or 6 hard cooked eggs, cooled, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (a little more or less, as desired)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine potatoes, egg, onions, and pickles;
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mayonnaise and mustard in a little at a time, until you have the flavour and consistency you like.